Sunday, June 10, 2007

Durian Cake [Recipe]

Upon request from my colleagues....and to fulfill their wish, I bake durian cake. This is my first time baking it. The result is fantastic....it taste good. I recommend it to those who loves cakes & durian...give it a try.

I must say this recipe I get it from Kuali Online and is workable for me.

DURIAN CAKE
Ingredients

250g butter
225g fine castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
4 eggs
125g durian flesh, pureed

Sift:

200g self-raising flour
50g plain flour

Method
Preheat oven to 170 ÂșC. Grease a 20cm round cake tin. Cream butter, sugar and essence until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time and add durian puree gradually.

Fold in sifted flours and mix well to blend. Pour batter into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake is done when tested with a skewer.

***Personal Note

I cut down on the sugar to 180g as the durian itself have some sweetness.
By the way, the recipe request for fine castor sugar...I can't figure out which type it refer to. I just use icing sugar.

We could put more durian flesh to enhance the flavour (try to buy strong fragrance durian), but don't put too much as the cake might not raise. I myself put 150g durian flesh.
Durian pured?....well just smash the durian flesh.

According to the comment posted in Kuali Online, the cake could not store long. So have to finish it up in 1 or 2 days.

Just drop me a message if you have successfully bake it using the above recipe.

~Alpha

No comments: