Saturday, February 04, 2006

Auspicious Phrases

During my Chinese New Year holiday stay at my eldest sister house.....I receive a midnight call, a long distance call from Canada.....or Vancouver to be exact. The caller is my eldest sister's sister but not my sister.....confuse?.......it a another story, I'll write about it later.

So she is looking for my eldest sister......bad timing, she is not around as my parent and her are holidaying in A'Famosa. Ok, I just told her to call back tomorrow as they will be back by then and I'll also inform my sister about her calling.

Haiz~~~ I thought she will hang up after wishing me Happy Chinese New Year. Nope she just keep on wishing me with many more auspicious phrase.....ok, I just let her wish me loh while I just said to her "same to you"....."same to you"...."same to you". At last her hang up......what a long winded lady with so many phrases!

My sister call up at the afternoon before they come back, so I just mention about her sister call up and I say "I think your sister want to wish you Happy Chinese New Year". Well my sister answer me "What she want to wish me again?, she already wish me on Eve of Chinese New Year, 1st day of New Year and 2nd day of New Year! Every time she call she will say some auspicious phrases and she request that I also wish her with auspicious phrases and can't be the same as her!"

Ha!.....like that ah! nevermind lah I just accomplish my duty to inform her of the phone call. Luckily I didn't have to go thru the wishing me back conversation with her sister!

Well, her Canada sister call up again that day. Again I tell her they haven't back yet......as they will be back at night time. Guess what, she want to wish my parent Happy Chinese New Year!
True enough she call back at mid night......my sister ask her to call back another time, as she is so tired.

Early morning next day she call again, my sister tell her everybody haven't up yet call back later. Ok she call back around 9.30 am when we are having our breakfast. Well she wish everybody....my sister, my brother-in-law, my father & my mother......with many....many auspicious phrases.

~ Alpha

No comments: