Monday, February 06, 2006

Hey! Don't Blame me

Remember my previous post, I've mention one manager call me during New Year holiday? So today I've start work and have to figure out how to solve the problem.

This manager did call my FC before he call me and have tell me that according to my FC a bank require few days to issue out a Bank Guarantee (BG) which I've already know. But the problem is we can't wait for that "few days", we want it immediately. Which mean I have to get it process out TODAY.

As suggest by my manager we have other option which we could issue a Insurance Guarantee (IG), it's very fast and can be issue out within the same day.

So I work toward this Insurance Guarantee option, I source here and there to get the thing issue out. I call EON Bank.....they never heard IG before only have BG, I call Maybank.....they need 3 days to process, I call Alliance Bank.....reply same as EON Bank.

Wait a minute.....I've heard from my manager he did issue one IG in Alliance Bank, then how come this guy say they only have BG......okay......after further confirmation with my manager it is Allianz Life Insurance and not Alliance Bank.

Move on to call Allainz Life Insurance......hooray they got IG but the officer-in-charge is on leave and the IG could only be issue out tomorrow. Ok fine! just fax to me whatever form or format that require to do IG.

In the meantime I did ask my colleague to help out by ask our insurance broker concerning the matter. Out of sudden my FC emerge from his room.

What are you doing?

Why are you sourcing to issue a IG, we can just issue BG from EON Bank!

(FC go back to his room, I enter his room.)

So I explain to him again that issue a BG take few days and we don't have the time to wait for it.

Why you didn't brief me on the matter, I can call the EON Bank to issue out the BG within 1 day!

Oh my god, you are the one who told the manager that it is impossible to issue the BG within 1 day and the manager suggestion to issue IG, now you say the BG can be issue within 1 day!

Nevermind I just leave it to him to make the call.....and at the end of the day the BG is out!

I let you know who he call. Firstly he call our local bank officer-in-charge of BG letting her know of the situation. Then my FC proceed to call the her Dept Head. Later he call the CEO of EON Bank HQ in KL. See how this have involve so many call to the key person.

So in some way i got blame of not doing my job properly.

~ Alpha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.