Saturday, February 11, 2006

I'm a driver

Every Friday after work I'll rush back home. I take bath and have my dinner before I go to church.

It 6.30pm, the church service haven't start yet until 8pm. I know I'm a bit too early to arrive there. But I have a mission to complete....to drive the gospel van and fetch up church members who do not have transport to attend service.

Usually on every Friday I'll fetch the members and after the service end another guy will send them home. Just name this guy A.

Since on every Saturday Guy A will fetch up the members, he will just drive the van back to his home. Sometimes if Guy A not free to send them back after Sabbath service, it my turn become the driver.

Today it a bit special, Guy A is not around....he and other choir group member is out of town....they attend a fellowship service. At the same time, today is Thaipusam and the festival is a gazetted holiday in my state.

It a hectic day, today is also my turn to speak on the pulpit and I haven't finish my sermon. After breakfast, I quickly finish up my sermon. Well I finish at 12:15 pm, it's time to take my lunch.

12:35pm I've reach the church to take the van. Around 2:20pm I'm back at church for 2:30pm service. I'm lucky to be on time and I proceed to lead the service.

4:00pm service ended and after a short chit chat, it time to send the members home. I reach home 5:30pm.

Tomorrow morning I have to wake up early in order to pick-up the children for Religion Education Class. It is very unusual for me to pick up children on Sunday. But what to do, other youth are already out of town.

~ Alpha

No comments: