Sunday, February 05, 2006

Why people like to argue?

Today some of our family friends come to my house for chit-chat. Later the conversation turn into some debate on certain issue. Two uncle keep on explaining, defending, refute to my father and me.

Well I just sit there to listen to their argument. I nod my head when they explain their stand to me. I try not to side no either party.....I'm neutral mah!

I've make my conclusion (in my heart) after a length of debate between them. They are just some old people who got nothing to do and the debate is just one of the method to kill time. Both of them tackle on different root of the problem which will certainly have different explanation. Even they argue until death also could not solve the problem.

I do not know whether they are aware of it or not, but I just excuse myself and leave the nonsense debate to my father to handle. Muuahahaaaa

People like to stand on their view of point, don't want to lose face when they are wrong and it will lead to an endless debate. Ego is one of the problem, if you really don't know on the subject matter don't try to be the expert! It will make the whole situation worse.

Admit your mistake when you are wrong. Keep your mouth shut if the subject matter is not your field expertise. To give opinion is okay but not need to stand firm on your view point when others challenge it, just keep it to yourself as others have their own thought. Then everything will be okay....no debate & arguing on nonsense subject.

~ Alpha

No comments: