Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Being Adopted Son/Daughter

How do you feel when you first know you are adopted child? Do you have many question than answer? You like to know who is your biological parents? You are curious whether you have any biological siblings?

I don't know.........I'm not adopted child! But my eldest sister is. Lets name her P

As a kid P is sort like a stranger in my life. I seldom have chance to see her as we didn't live together. She live with my grandmother while I......I live with my parents and other siblings in another house around 30 min journey.

P very seldom come to my house and when my father bring us to visit grandmother every weekend, I also couldn't meet her. She is like someone related to me (as she is my sister) yet she is far from me.

As a kid I will be very happy if I could see her and have her around my family for a couple of minutes or hours before she vanish again and don't know when will we meet again.

Yeah, I also remember I didn't talk much or play with her as our wide age gap. I'm only a small kid when she already a youth.

A youth is the most rebellious. P is no exception and even hard to control when she already know she is adopted child. Strange things do happen, P accept my father as her father but not my mother. So it is another history/story why P do not accept my mother.

I still remember my mother say P is very difficult to teach/discipline as she is adopted. She will not listen to what my mother say.

There is a period of time, P really don't like my mother. Yes it is during the time when P is already working. When P call back home, she sometimes will ask "is your mom home?". My 2nd sister did ask why it is "my mom" and not "our mom". The reply is "she is really your mom and not my mom". Well what she say is logic....to me when I'm just a teenager that time!

Time really can change a person. When P is married and have kids....P relation with my mother improve tremendously. Out from P own mouth she say "during young time, I don't have a mature thinking, now is different after having own family and kids". Well I think P finally realize that what my mom do or say means well to her. Yeah...when P call back home no longer she say "your mom"...it become "mom".

So P marry to a businessman and live in another state. Her life is much more better than us (we are from poor family). She didn't leave us, she help us. My mother think P help us because she was move by God. As I say we are from poor family....my father don't own a house (we live in a rented house) or a car.

P purposely buy a new house for us to stay. P know we don't have money to buy new furniture.....she bear most of the cost.....including house renovation cost. Living in a new township is not convenient to move around....P give her car to my father. Well now I'm living in a very comfortable house and got car to ride. :)

~ Alpha

No comments: