Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Can You Help Me?

On 27th Feb 2006, 11.48pm my friend sms me telling that the petrol price will increase and quickly fill up my fuel tank. Its close to midnight and this guy ask me to go out and fill me tank! Forget about it.

28th Feb 2006, newspaper frontpage......Petrol price increase RM0.30/lit. Nowadays the Government like to make decision in the middle of the night. They make the annoucement at 10.30pm (27/02/2006) and will be effective at midnight.

With petrol price increase, everything will increase soon. Only one thing didn't increase......my SALARY!

28th Feb 2006, (noon).....I send my Financial Controller (FC)to board the plane. During the journey I hints to him that it is the time for him to request from the Boss for increment! It a very...very reasonable request from the Boss since we didn't get increment for year 2005 and this year! Every year the company is making profit, why can't they increase our pay!

1st Mar 2006, one of my manager ask me whether there is any news on increment for the staffs. Nope...no news. So I tell him to remember me if he is going to request from the boss.

"Sorry you are not my direct staff, I can't help you"

This is the answer I get!

I know my situation is a bit complicated because Company A hire me and Company A have a related company (Company B) which I'm now in charge of the accounts/HR/etc. The manager is from Company B and he is right that I'm not directly under him.....but now I work under him, isn't he have the rights to request pay raise for me?

So forget about the manager, now I will focus on my FC, hope once he is back from outstation he will request pay raise for us.

12.00 Noon, Boss come into the office

Boss : Alpha pls come to my office

(I enter Boss office)

Boss : You prepare the salary for the Company B's staff with the proposed increment from the Manager, increment effective Feb'06 but back pay the Manager since Jan'06.

WoW, my manager have such a great influence on my boss. This have prove 2 things.....my FC is useless after proposed few times to my boss for increment still have no news. Secondly, maybe my FC didn't proposed to my boss at all, which he say he did when we ask him.

One with great influence but not my direct superior. One is my direct superior but useless. Who will help me then?

Alpha

No comments: