Friday, March 03, 2006

Sleeping Pay?!!

Photos ©2000 EyeWire, Inc.


Venue : At a restaurant
Time : 1:00pm
Occasion : A supplier treat my boss and staffs for lunch

Extract of conversation......

Supplier : Oh you two are pregnant (my colleague), is this your first baby.

Colleague 1 & 2 : Yes

Supplier : First time deliver must be very painful

Boss : What painful, I'm the one who are painful. I have to pay them 2 months salary during their maternity period! Make sure you all come back to work on time, you know!

==============================================================

My boss will be unease when his staff is pregnant as when the time come, he have to continue to pay them salary for at least 60 days (2 months) during their maternity period.

So unfortunate that this year 2 of my colleague are pregnant and the delivery date is just 2 weeks apart. Well not only he have to pay them "sleeping pay" but also have to face the shortages of staffs.

The other things are my boss like to give comments that will make the pregnant staff unease. I remember hearing from my colleague that one day the boss say "Wow your belly is so big lah"....."Belly so big, not yet deliver meh?"




Alpha

No comments: