Friday, January 20, 2006

A Fish Feast

Yesterday, my colleague and I together with my boss having lunch. We thought it would be a normal lunch. Nope we have guess it wrongly.....we are having big fish feast. We eat 3 types of fish...these are the fish we normal people (poor people) won't eat......yeah it astronomical prices! So this restaurant is famous for fresh fish.......but you don't think that we all eat at a fancy fancy restaurant with waiter/waitress standing nearby you to serve you and with air conditional.......nope we take our lunch under some big trees only...no waiter/waitress standing nearby to serve you.....they only show up few times to take the drinks and food to us and they will disappear from the scene. Okay...this restaurant harvest the fish daily from local river and they guarantee the fish is fresh. If my memory serve me right....this restaurant have been mention before in our local dailies which say they are the only restaurant serving the most freshest fish in town.

Sooooo what fish we eat?.....We eat Kelah fish (aka Sultan fish), Sai Tou fish (fish ball is made from this fish) & lastly but not least the Water Monkey fish (literally from Cantonese). I open my eyes widely to see on this Water Monkey fish.....it have nothing resemble of monkey.....don't know why they name it so. I think people like to give animal name on the fish.....few years ago during my visit to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (a state famous for their sea food), they also give animal name on a fish.....they name it "Underwater Chicken" (direct translation from Cantonese)......I look at the fish....it got no resemble of chicken....and it got no feather! Why they have to mention 'chicken' on a fish? But after I've eat the fish.....I think I understand why....the flesh of the fish is sort like chicken meat....as the flesh is a bit tougher than normal fish !! But I haven't eat a monkey before haa..haaa....so I can't comment whether this Water Monkey fish have similar taste of a monkey flesh!

3 hours.......3 HOURS is the length of time we take our lunch this time! I think this is the 2nd longest meal we have been to. The 1st one is whereby we eat steamboat...and yeah we are having lunch with boss at that time (if not we have been fired long time ago) it also take us about 3 hours++. That is our 1st and the last time we take steamboat during our lunch time!.......furthermore the restaurant close shop few monts later!.....hmmm....hmm wondering this fish restaurant will close shop or not leh....heeeehee.

Feel good to have boss that always bring us out for meal everytime he had lunch at fancy restaurant except the 'Fish Feast'!

~ Alpha

No comments: