Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Thou Shall Not Tell

How do you feel when all your department head is sitting and working in the same floor as you are? Do you have this kind of experience? Well I do. I'm in the same floor with the Company Financial Controller (FC) the company right hand man, the Executive of Accounts Department and lastly the Head of Human Resources Dept.

Then, what post do I hold that make me a floor will all these people while other sit at another floor?. Am I the FC Assistant?.....Assistant to the Executive of Accounts Dept? or Assistant to HR Head?.....Wrong! I'm in the clerical level! But most certainly not general clerk or office boy.haaahaaa

I'm in 1st floor which only have 4 people including myself....but on the ground floor we have 10 staffs (including boss)......and this make me special......as all the staff level is in ground floor! But this seem to have created two type of people......1st floor management people is called "upstairs people" and ground staff is called "downstairs people"

Ok back to the point......so I'm sitting a floor with the management people......well there are some advantages and disadvantages to it.

Advantages will be such as I know a lot of information that I not suppose to know and disadvantages will be....since I know a lot of information....I'll die (get fire or redundancy) faster than other people.

Many staffs will come to me and ask things like "have you heard of such & such news/things?"....."do we have bonus this year?".........."do we have pay raise this year?"........"can we get salary today?"......."when will our company close for festive season?".....etc

THOU SHALL NOT TELL.........well if I know......I can't tell you guys.......sorry, I've been forewarn not to tell anything "high level information" to other staffs.

For staff the most important things will be the pay, bonus and pay raise. So far to my knowledge every year we can get bonus but we might not get pay raise yearly. The "downstairs people" always think that we "upstairs people" are not doing our job when they don't get either one of it. But the fact is, we really have do our part.......which include liaise with FC to proposed the bonus and pay raise to boss. So "upstairs people" always being critise by "downstairs people".....but I can't help it......I can't tell explain them!

~ Alpha

No comments: